Welsh Government are consulting on proposed changes to Community Health Councils (CHCs) in Wales.
The purpose of this consultation is to seek your views on
changes to the Regulations which will:
• Strengthen the leadership role of the CHC Board
• Make the appointment of the Chair of the CHC Board subject to
the principles laid down by the Commissioner for Public
• Create two new non-executive roles for the CHC Board
• Promote more consistency and effectiveness in the way CHCs carry
out their work
• Provide a clearer framework for the performance of CHCs and
• Provide more flexibility for the administrative arrangements and
management of CHCs.
The consultation documents, including an Easy Read version, and
details of how to respond are available on the Welsh Government website.
Deadline for responses: 09/01/2015