Welsh Government is consulting on how possible changes to the healthcare travel costs scheme can help eligible patients access health services.
The purpose of this initial consultation exercise is to:
- Set out the information already gathered and the important
issues that need to be considered and explored.
- Engage stakeholders in considering a range of ideas on possible
changes to the scheme.
- Identify what benefits there are for patients from the possible
- Understand the implications for Health Boards stemming from the
- Consider the potential of the proposals to generate
In addition, Welsh Government is also seeking views and ideas
from other stakeholders on:
- Ways to make it easier for patients to access the support that
- Ways to avoid misuse of the scheme.
- How to improve communication about the scheme to patients and
The consultation document and response form are available on the
Welsh Government website.
Deadline for responses: 24/02/2015
Any detailed proposals will be subject to a further consultation
exercise in the future.